Just 30 minutes south of Barcelona and within the municipality of the city, we find the only vineyard in the Catalan capital. The Can Calopa winery and restaurant is a beautiful 17th century farmhouse located in the heart of the Collserola mountains. A sommelier will organise for you a private half-day tour of this picturesque place.
Tour to Can Calopa Winery: the only vineyard in Barcelona
It is a small winery with a small vineyard of 2.5 hectares of Syrah and Garnacha, producing a limited edition of 5,000 bottles per year. However, it belongs to the renowned winery L’Olivera, recognised for developing its activity with the aim of favouring the personal promotion and social integration of people with disabilities, developing assistance, therapeutic and educational tools in a living and working space that is intended to be inclusive. In this sense, they have also adapted this project to the Can Calopa winery.
During the tour, they will explain about organic farming, how they have adapted the social project to their working methods and how they make their wines. We will finish with a tasting of at least 4 wines, paired with a traditional Catalan meal in the old dining room of the house or in the restaurant or on the terrace with fantastic views.
Thanks to the fact that they belong to the L’Olivera winery, which also produces wines in other areas, we will be able to taste wines of different styles, terroirs and grape varieties.
The meal includes the traditional “pa amb tomàquet” (bread with tomato), a selection of Iberian cured meats, Iberian ham, different styles of artisan cheeses, black sausage with white beans, chocolate wafers, seasonal fruit and coffee/tea.
Note: we can adapt to any food intolerance or vegetarian menu.
- 11h – The sommelier will pick you up at your hotel in Barcelona and drive you in a comfortable car/van. During the trip he will explain and introduce you to Catalan wine, its history, winemaking tradition, current context, etc.
- 11.30h – Guided tour of the vineyards and explanation of the winemaking process in the winery.
- 12.30h – Commented tasting of at least 4 wines. During the tasting, lunch will be served to pair with the wines.
- 14h – Return to Barcelona
- 14.30h – Arrival at the hotel
Note: the timetable is from Monday to Friday. Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays a minimum of 8 people is required.
- 2 people: 250€ per person
- 3 people: 200€ p.p.
- 4 people: 190€ p.p.
- 5 people: 190€ p.p.
- 6 people: 170€ p.p.
- 7 people: 160€ p.p.
- 8 people: 150€ p.p.
- +9 people: ask for a quote
- Pick up and return to the hotel.
- Guided tour of the vineyard and explanation of winemaking in the winery.
- Guided tasting of at least 4 wines and oils.
- Typical Catalan lunch.
- Private and comfortable transport.
- Sommelier guide during the whole day.
Other tours from Barcelona that we offer
At Taca de Vi, we offer tours in different areas of the province of Barcelona and the rest of Catalonia. You can access from the following links:
More than 10 years of satisfied customers
Book the private tour to Can Calopa winery
We will organise a private tour where you can feel the texture of the soil in the vineyard, smell the wine in the cellar or listen to the winemaker’s experience and stories.
Tours we offer in other locations
If you are not from Catalonia or you are thinking of visiting other places in Spain, Taca de Vi also offers private tours in the following locations: