What is a wine pairing?
We make wine pairing a moment of leisure, in a relaxed atmosphere where you can discover the mysteries of wine and get to know the new aromas and textures it offers. We adapt to your needs to make a wine pairing or to advise you according to your style of wine and budget. We are located in the city of Barcelona and we move all over Catalonia.
Taca de vi offers the possibility of enjoying delicious gastronomic sessions through wine and food pairing tastings, either for companies or private groups (we move or look for the space). Or for individuals/couples in our shop in Sagrada Familia.
A careful selection of the best cheeses from Catalan farms will take you into the exciting world of artisan cheeses. You will discover the secrets of the different types of production, types of milk (goat, cow, sheep), maturing times and unique styles, each one with a unique palate. Will you discover your favourite style of cheese?
We will taste 5 different wines and each one will be paired with a specially selected cheese to find your ideal dance partner. The sommelier will explain it in detail.
- Duration: 1:30h approx.
- Number of participants: No limit
- Price (5 wines & 5 cheeses):
2 to 5 people: 50€ per person
6 to 9 people: 45€ per person
+10 people: 40€ per person
- Where: In our wine shop in carrer Muntaner (Barcelona city center)
- When: Day and time as agreed (Monday to Saturday)
- What: Tasting and pairing of 5 wines with an explanation of the wines and the reason for each pairing.
- Note: We make gift vouchers.
FAQs about our food and wine pairings
Do you have any doubts about our wine pairings? Check the questions we are frequently asked, and if you don’t find the right answer, don’t hesitate to contact us through the contact form, phone or email.
Contrary to what many people believe, there are deep-rooted pairings that are socially and traditionally accepted but which technically do not harmonise very well. This is the case of such common combinations as ham or cured cheese with a full-bodied red wine.
How many times have we practised this pairing? The fact is that the intense and salty sensation of these products when eating them, mixed with the tannic sensation of the red wine when drinking, produce an immediate reaction of astringency, leaving the mouth and tongue dry.
The aim of any pairing is to find a balance and in this case it would not be like that. Solution? To find a type of wine that harmonises with these products, respecting their flavour and creating a new and pleasant sensation in the mouth. In this sense, a very good combination for ham and cured cheeses could be a Gran Reserva Brut cava (intense, complex and with small bubbles), a sherry wine such as Oloroso or Palo Cortado (complex, iodised and with slightly sweet notes) or a white wine fermented in cask. This and more is what is explained in our pairing sessions. Are you up for it?
Would you like to give a wine tasting with wine pairing as a gift? We offer you the chance to surprise your friends and family by giving them something they won’t expect and will love: a wine pairing with a private sommelier.
Of course, in fact, tasting for events and companies is our speciality. Do not hesitate to contact us with the details of the event to be covered and we will give you a quote according to your company’s needs.
- On site: The preferred option. If you want to live the experience of wine tasting, we collaborate with several places in Barcelona, Madrid or Bilbao to do it.
- At home: If you prefer to do it in the comfort of your home or office, we will come to your home or office with all the necessary material.
- At events and fairs: If you have a company and wish to hold a wine tasting at an event, convention or fair, we take care of everything, adapting it to the needs of the event.