Wine Tour in Txakolí wineries
If you would like to make the most of your stay in the Basque Country, we suggest you to take a private tour to an increasingly fashionable and still unknown wine region: Txakoli.
Private tour to Txakoli winery & Cheese farm
If you don’t feel like spending much time in the car but still you would love to enjoy an exclusive gastronomic experience, then this is your tour! Just few kilometres from San Sebastian we will organize a private tour just for you and your couple/group. We will take you to 3 spots that really worth a visit… and tasting!
1) You will discover a traditional sheep farm where they produce the most international Basque cheese: Idiazabal. The owner will show you how to milk the sheep and the first steps of the elaboration process. We will end up by tasting some of their different styles and pairing them with cider or Txakoli.
2) Txakoli is the iconic Basque wine, always crisp and ready to drink. We will head to one of the most renowned wineries where you will find spectacular landscapes, vineyards falling directly into the Atlantic Ocean and breathtaking steep slopes. In the beautiful tasting room you will taste different Txakolis and some local appetizers to pair with.
3) Before returning to San Sebastian, you will take a promenade in the picturesque village of Getaria. Located in a tiny peninsula entering the ocean, you will be delighted by its medieval streets, the traditional Basque architecture and the colorful fishing boats.
With a few hours excursion you will discover two of the main highlights of the Basque culinary culture.
You can also improve the experience by having lunch in an excellent fish restaurant in Getaria (not included in the price).
Schedule and itinerary
- 9am – The guide will pick you up from your hotel in San Sebastián and drive with a comfortable van. During the journey, he/she will explain and make an introduction to Txakoli and traditional Basque cheese, its history, tradition, current context, etc.
- 10am – Visit a typical Idiazabal cheese farm and final tasting of their different products, paired with Txakoli wine or artisan cider.
- 12pm – Tour and tasting in a Txakoli winery. During the tasting they will serve you some pintxos.
- 2pm – Sightseeing the beautiful town of Getaria and the option to have lunch in a traditional seafood restaurant.
- 4pm – Return to San Sebastián
- 2 people: 275€ p.p.
- 3 people: 235€ p.p.
- 4 people: 200€ p.p.
- 5 to 7 people: 190€ p.p.
- +8 people: ask for budget
· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel
- Visit a sheep farm to understand and taste Idiazabal cheese
- Tour and tasting in a Txakoli winery with some appetizers
- Sightseeing walk in Getaria village
- Comfortable van
- English speaking guide, perfect connoisseur of the area, its wines and its history
- Lunch in Getaria. Since we will have abundant appetizers in the farm and winery, if you still feel like having lunch we can book in a very good seafood restaurant (Pay as you go).
“A private tour to know and taste the wines and gastronomy of Txacolí.”
Book this tour in Txakolí wineries