Wine Tour in Txakolí
If you do not have a whole day and would like to make the most of your stay in the Basque Country, we suggest you take a private tour to an increasingly fashionable and still unknown wine region: A winery tour to one of the three appellations of Txakoli.
Private tour to Txacolí wineries
3 Appellations of Origin, 3 provinces and 3 styles of wine in a few kilometers, where you can discover spectacular landscapes, with vineyards falling directly into the Atlantic Ocean, in breathtaking steep slopes and small plots in the forests. An opportunity to taste wines and gastronomy from a magical territory.
White and red wines from the local varieties Hondarribi Zuri and Hondarribi Beltza, which result in fresh, light and delicate wines, but at the same time full of nuances and complexity.
With a few hours excursion you will discover 2 Txakolí wineries and enjoy a typical Basque lunch with local products during the tasting in the second winery. You can also improve the experience by having lunch in one of the excellent restaurants in the area.
Timing and itinerary
- 9:30am – The sommelier will pick you up at your hotel in Bilbao / San Sebastián and drive with a comfortable car / van. During the journey, he will explain and make an introduction to Txakoli, its history, wine tradition, current context, etc.
- 10am – Visit to the first winery, with an explanation of the history, philosophy, elaboration process and final tasting of their wines.
- 12.00pm – Visit and tasting at the second winery. During the tasting a typical Basque lunch will be served with typical local products.
- 2.30pm – Return to Bilbao / San Sebastián.
- 3pm – Arrival at the hotel
- 2 people: 260€ p.p.
- 3 people: 230€ p.p.
- 4 people: 190€ p.p.
· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
- Pick up and return to the hotel
- Tour in 2 wineries and tasting of at least 3 wines
- Full lunch in the second winery or in a local restaurant with traditional cuisine
- Comfortable car / van
- English speaking sommelier guide, perfect connoisseur of the area, its wines and its history
“A private tour to know and taste the wines and gastronomy of Txacolí.”
Book this tour