Private tour to Txacolí wineries
If you don’t feel like spending too much time in the car but would still love to enjoy an exclusive gastronomic experience, this is the tour for you! A few kilometres from San Sebastian we will organise a private tour just for you and your partner/group. We’ll take you to 3 places that are really worth a visit… and tasting!
1) You will discover a traditional sheep farm where the most international Basque cheese is made: Idiazabal. The owner will show you how a sheep is milked and the first steps of the production process. We will finish by tasting some of the different styles of cheese and pair them with cider or Txakoli.
2) Txakoli is the iconic Basque wine, always vibrant and ready to drink. We will head to one of the most renowned wineries where you will discover spectacular landscapes, vineyards that almost reach the Cantabrian Sea and impressive terraced slopes. In the beautiful tasting room we will taste different Txakolis and some local snacks to go with it.
3) Before returning to San Sebastian, we will take a stroll through the picturesque village of Getaria. Located on a tiny peninsula jutting out into the ocean, you will fall in love with its medieval streets, traditional Basque architecture and colourful fishing boats.
With this short break you will discover two of the main representatives of Basque culinary culture. You can also enhance the experience by eating at an excellent fish restaurant in Getaria (not included in the price).
- 9am – The guide will pick you up from your hotel in San Sebastian and drive you in a comfortable van. During the tour he will explain and introduce you to Txakoli and traditional Basque cheese, its history, tradition, current context, etc.
- 10am – Visit to a typical Idiazabal farm and final tasting of its different products, paired with Txakoli wine or cider.
- 12pm – Visit and tasting in a well known Txakoli winery. During the tasting some pintxos will be served.
- 2pm – Visit to the pretty village of Getaria and option to have lunch in a fish restaurant.
- 4pm – Return to San Sebastian
- 2 persons: 275€ p.p.
- 3 persons: 235€ p.p.
- 4 persons: 200€ p.p.
- 5 to 7 persons: 190€ p.p.
- +8 persons: Ask for a quote
- Pick up and return to your hotel.
- Visit to a sheep farm to understand and taste Idiazabal cheese.
- Tour and tasting in a Txakoli winery with some snacks.
- Sightseeing tour in the village of Getaria.
- Comfortable private van.
- Perfect guide knowledgeable about the area, its wines, gastronomy and history.
Other tours from Bilbao and San Sebastian that we run
In Taca de Vi, we offer tours in different areas of Bilbao and San Sebastian. You can access from the following links:
More than 10 years of satisfied customers
Book the Txakolí Tour
We will organise a private tour where you can feel the texture of the soil in the vineyard, smell the wine in the cellar or listen to the winemaker’s experience and stories.
Tours we offer in other locations
If you are not from Bilbao or you are thinking of visiting other places in Spain, Taca de Vi also offers private tours in the following locations: