Wine tour in Rioja
South of San Sebastián, just 1:30 hour away by car, we can find one of the most important wine regions in the world and the Mecca of good wine lovers: Rioja.
Private winery tour in Rioja
Crossing the Sierra Cantabria mountains, which is the natural border between the Alava plateau and the Ebro river valley, we find a unique territory. Within an extension of 100km long per 40km wide, there are some of the most iconic vineyards and wineries. With approximately 600 wineries, we can find from the most artisanal “vignerons” (small wine growers) to mythical wineries full of history (such as those in the famous station neighborhood in Haro town). They have all forged legends in Rioja.
In the tastings you will discover these beautiful wines made from the flagship Tempranillo variety that in this region it reaches its maximum splendor. Full body and bold but elegant wines, full of nuances and that age very well.
With this 1-day excursion private winery tour to Rioja, in Taca de vi we want you to experience this land that smells like wine by visiting and tasting in 2 wineries and enjoying a delicious lunch in the second winery or in a restaurant.
Timing and itinerary
- 8:30am – The sommelier will pick you up at your hotel in San Sebastián and drive with a comfortable car / van. During the journey, he will explain and make an introduction to Rioja, its history, wine tradition, current context, etc.
- 10am – Visit to the first winery, with an explanation of the history, philosophy, elaboration process and final tasting of their wines.
- 12.30pm – Visit and tasting at the second winery. During the tasting a typical Rioja lunch will be served with typical local products.
- 3pm – Return to San Sebastián.
- 4:30pm – Arrival at the hotel
Like in any other wine region, Rioja has premium top wineries, but also many others which produce amazing beautiful wines and the tastings are less expensive. In this sense, we give you the possibility to choose one or the other range.
We will visit and taste in 2 wineries. These are some we collaborate with:
- Rioja Alta
- Viña Tondonia
- Remirez de Ganuza
- Finca La Emperatriz
- Finca Valpiedra
- Miguel Merino
- Bodegas Bilbainas
- Luis Cañas
- Gómez Cruzado
- 2 people: 400€ p.p.
- 3 people: 310€ p.p.
- 4 people: 260€ p.p.
- 5 people: 230€ p.p.
- 6 people: 210€ p.p.
- 7 people: 200€ p.p.
- 8 people: 190€ p.p.
- +9 people: ask for budget
- 2 people: 350€ p.p.
- 3 people: 260€ p.p.
- 4 people: 210€ p.p.
- 5 people: 190€ p.p.
- 6 people: 170€ p.p.
- 7 people: 160€ p.p.
- 8 people: 150€ p.p.
- +9 people: ask for budget
· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
- Pick up and drop-off in your hotel
- Tour in 2 wineries and tasting of at least 3 wines with traditional appetizers
- Lunch in the second winery or in a local restaurant with traditional cuisine
- Private comfortable car / van
- English speaking sommelier guide, perfect connoisseur of the area, its wines and its history
“A private tour to know and taste the wines and gastronomy of Rioja.”
Book this tour